Wanna Find Something?

Monday, February 9, 2015

Canaan – 05



Yeah, I’m going to stop blogging this series after this episode. I’m going to be putting it under “sporadically updated” in case something peculiar does happen, but so far it’s really been much of the same: excellent graphics, great directing, nice character-chemistry, but the storyline still needs a lot of work. I still really like this series, but I’m running out of things to praise it for.
And it’s not like this episode didn’t develop the storyline either: Chinese Waitress Girl got some much-needed depth, and Alphard Side Kick Girl (yeah, I’m too lazy to look up their names) proved herself to be so kickass that she doesn’t need to dry herself after taking a shower because the water seems to just… evaporate apparently(sounds like a bad Chuck Norris joke, doesn’t it?), so kickass that she eats paper (seriously… wtf?) and so kickass that she doesn’t care about the life of her subordinates and just sends them to get killed off. Despite these flaws, I’m interested but you can really see that the storyline is second fodder to the matters that the creators find really important to this show.
My biggest criticism for this series is how it advertised itself, though: “The modern-day story centers on a group of people, from all walks of life, who are brought together in Shanghai by bizarre events with worldwide implications.” That makes it sound like the next Baccano or something, which it clearly isn’t.
Anyway, I can always blog another big budgeted action series. There’s one particular series this season that’s probably never going to appear again after it finishes, and I want to have a shot at it.
Rating: * (Good)

No comments:

Post a Comment